Saturday, February 4, 2012

Setup OllyDbg

Ok, my sensei give me a task to do a Reverse Engineering on a software called WarFTP. Before do that I must install OllyDbg first to debug the software. I'm using Windows XP SP3 in VirtualBox. So, lets get started.

1. Start up your XP machine.

2. I'll transfer the OllyDbg master to my machine using web server. So I put the master into /var/www/files on my backtrack. (If you haven't downloaded the master, you can go here)


3. Make sure your connection between your host and your machine is setup correctly. 
4. Open the host ip address in your machine. In my case, my backtrack's IP address is 192.168.56.1.

5. Download the OllyDbg master.

6. Extract it.

7. Double click "OLLYDBG". 
And there you go, because the program is portable it don't need to be installed on the hardisk. :)

"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.."

0 comments:

Post a Comment